Troubleshoot: Extension "Not Working"
Is your extension "not working"? Before submitting a ticket, please try this troubleshooting trick. Most of the time, it's one of these quick checks that does the trick!
- Are you in Chrome? This extension is built to use this browser
- Have you installed and updated the Chrome Extension? This tool will not operate unless you have installed the chrome extension first.
- Have you made sure the Chrome Extension is enabled?
- When you're on Facebook and the sidebar opens up, does the info "i" turn green? If not, please refresh and try again. If it is showing yellow or red, hover your mouse over the icon for additional info.
- If that doesn't solve the problem, log out of GroupTrack and then back in. 99% of all issues can be resolved by either logging out of GroupTrack and then back in, OR refreshing Facebook.
- Have you tried running GroupTrack in Incognito mode to rule out interference by any other extensions, especially ad blockers or antivirus extensions? These tools, as well as other extensions that try to manage social platform pages (such as competitor softwares), can "fight" with GroupTrack over who gets to control the page and can stop GroupTrack from being able to operate on the page.
- Have you tried Clearing your Cache? Clearing the cache can clear out any stuck data and cause the tool to begin lookups fresh.
If none of the troubleshooting tips above work, please contact support with a screen recording (loom.com) showing what is happening, what version numbers you are on, and listing out which steps you have already tried. You can contact support by emailing [email protected] or by submitting a ticket using the blue "?" in the lower right corner of your webapp. Be sure to attach your Loom recording link!